Let's get talking and exploring new words!
Find an empty small box, pot or tin
Find a selection of coins. If possible, try to find some of each kind of coin.
Put the coins into the box, pot or tin.
Sing together 'What's inside the box/pot/tin, what's inside the box/pot/tin, let's find out, let's find out, what's inside the box/pot/tin'.
Give the box/pot/tin a shake and see if your child can guess what might be inside.
Open the lid and talk about what you find inside.
- the colours of the coins
- the different sizes
- the different shapes - are they all circles?
- what can you see on each side of the coin
- what numbers can you see
- who is the lady on the head side of the coin
- what might we do with the coins
- and anything else that you can think of.