Foundation weekly task
Foundation week beginning 4th May: Science: Living things and their environment
Foundation tasks - R.E. - Week beginning 27th April
Week Beginning 20th March 2020 - History Information and tasks
Our focus in Science is sound. We want you to investigate the following questions:
- What is sound?
- How is sound created?
- What do we mean by the pitch and frequency of sound?
- Can sound travel through solids, liquids and gases?
- Can you hear sound in space? Why/why not?
Investigate these questions. You might find some of the powerpoints and links below useful when researching.
Task 1: Draw a sound poster, explaining all the sound facts you have learnt.
Task 2: Draw a cartoon strip showing someone making a horrible sound. There must be a second person in your cartoon strip. Someone who has been having a lovely relaxing time in another location. This person is NOT happy when they hear the horrible sound. Describe the journey the sound took to eventually arrive at this person's ear in your cartoon strip.
- How was the sound produced?
- How did it travel?
- What did it have to travel through?
- What happened when the sound was heard by the second person? How did they respond?