Key Stage 2
At this age, children are learning to:
- try different approaches when solving problems.
- break down problems into smaller, more manageable tasks.
- use mathematical language and symbols.
- convert between fractions, decimals and percentages.
- investigate and explain number patterns by drawing graphs and charts.
- calculate probability, for example, of getting a head and a tail when tossing two coins.
Children love to be moving around whilst learning, which makes the idea of a treasure hunt such a good one. Try to have different questions and answers hidden around the house and see how quickly your children can complete the circuit! An example of one of these treasure hunts is in the resource below. The children have to use their knowledge of reading different scales to help them solve this particular treasure hunt but it can be opened up to any maths related topic!