Welcome to Nursery!
The Nursery staff are Mrs Kortright, Mrs Engall, Miss Retallack and Mr Bromfield.
Here are some ideas of things you can do together at home to help your children learn.
Click on any of the pictures to go to a website that might help.
- cook together - let your child help to measure out the ingredients and do the mixing (see recipes at the bottom of this list)
- share story books - read stories to your child and then your child can read to their teddies and dolls
- cut pictures out of old magazines and stick onto paper
- paint and make collages - let your child mix the colours together. What new colour can they make? Stick and cut different materials to make a picture or pattern.
- draw pictures and write
- make playdough (see recipes at the bottom of this list)
- play a game - pairs, snap, counting games
- sing songs and dance together
- Play 'Simon Says'
- Do jigsaw puzzles
- Use different sized containers and jugs in the bath
- Have a tea party with teddies and dolls.
- Blow up balloons and play with them.
Things to do in the garden
- use a large ball - rolling, kicking and throwing and catching
- Use bats and balls and frisbees etc.
- climb up onto and jump off logs/climbing frames/trees
- Ride scooters and bikes
- Dig in the mud
- make mud pies
- Look at the things that are growing in the garden