Welcome to Reception!
Miss White, Miss Barrow,
Miss Fenn Smith, Miss Pembroke,
Miss O'Connell, Ms Howard and Mrs Kambo.
In EYFS, we teach through a combination of play, child led and adult lead learning following the national guidance "Development Matters". The 7 areas of development are:
- Communication and Language (Speaking, Listening and Understanding)
- Physical (Self care and Movement)
- Personal, Social and Emotional (Behaviour and Making relationships)
- Literacy (Reading and Writing)
- Mathematics (Shape and Number)
- Understanding the World (Science, Technology, Religion)
- Expressive Arts and Design (Art, Music and Dance)
At Chatsworth we change our topics every half term to inspire, engage and excite our children, while giving them the opportunities they need to develop and learn. Have a look at our topics below!