Welcome to Reception!
Miss White, Mrs Religa,
Miss Bedborough, Miss Pembroke
Mrs Irons, Mrs A and Ms Magda.
In EYFS, we teach through a combination of play, child led and adult lead learning following the national guidance "Development Matters". The 7 areas of development are:
- Communication and Language
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development (Self-Regulation, Managing Self and Building Relationships)
- Physical Development (Gross Motor Skills and Fine Motor Skills)
- Literacy (Comprehension, Word Reading and Writing)
- Mathematics (Number and Numerical Patterns)
- Understanding the World (Past and Present, People, Culture and Communities and The Natural World)
- Expressive Arts and Design (Creating with Materials, Being Imaginative and Expressive)
At Chatsworth we change our topics every half term to inspire, engage and excite our children, while giving them the opportunities they need to develop and learn. In line with the new Early Years framework our topics change according to the individual needs, interests and development of each child in our care. Keep up-to-date with us by reading our weekly Home Learning letters!